First, there are a couple of things you need to know:
- Products applied to our skin go directly to your bloodstream and are far more dangerous than things you consume orally.
- Your current skincare routine may be causing migraines, skin irritation, reproductive issues and even cancer.
- The FDA does not regulate the skincare industry, so companies are free to put whatever ingredient into their products they choose. Unfortunately, they usually choose the cheapest options.
- A majority of cosmetic products sold in the U.S. are banned in Europe, Canada and Japan.
- An analysis by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) reveals that “more than one in five personal care products contain chemicals linked to cancer”.
TOP 5 INGREDIENTS TO AVOID:
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES)
Found in more than 90% of personal care products and most things that “foam” contain this toxic chemical. It causes skin irritation and triggers allergies and when mixed with other chemicals it can become carcinogenic.
These are banned in the EU and are known to cause liver, kidney and lung damage. They can be super dangerous to children and are even linked to some birth defects.
3. Parabens (Methylparabens, Propylparabens, Butylparabens)
These are added to preserve the shelf-life of products and are present in most face cleansers, body washes, lotions and shampoo. They have been linked to breast cancer and act as a hormone disrupter which can lead to reproductive and fertility issues.
These are also banned in the EU and are found in many shampoos, body washes and nail products. It is a known carcinogen that is linked to asthma, neurotoxicity and developmental toxicity.
5. Mineral Oil
This is a by-product of petroleum and is used in moisturizers, creams and styling gels. It creates a film that impairs the skin’s ability to release toxins. There is strong evidence that mineral oil hydrocarbons are the greatest containment of the human body.
Well, how did your beauty cabinet rank??
If you are like us, we immediately tossed everything that contained these toxic chemicals and replaced them with healthy products.
I’m sure you’re asking yourself why these companies would include such harmful ingredients when the health risks are widely publicized and there are healthy alternatives?
It all comes down to money. These ingredients are much cheaper than the healthy alternatives and since there is no FDA enforcement, so they continue to use them. At least they do here in the USA. It will surprise you to learn that most of these companies offer a healthy version of their product in the European marketplace. Same product name, just without all of these harmful chemicals.
If you’re as concerned about your health as we were then it’s time to replace your personal care products with products that don’t contain harmful ingredients. You can learn more about our clean beauty products at www.OngaroBeauty.com